Anonymous asked: You and your date looked amazing at prom! Would you consider going again next year?
My God is sufficient. He is enough. I ought not to complain or whine, for I have all that I need. Everything else is simply grace. An inexplicable, unfathomable, tremendous amount of grace.
I was at Barnes and Noble the other day with my youth group, and I had the opportunity to read a few chapters of “Boy Meets Girl” by Joshua Harris. I stumbled upon this excerpt in one of the chapters. It’s originally from “When God Weeps” by Joni Eareckson Tada and Steven Estes. This hit me so hard though, and I wanted to share with y’all. Too often do we come...
Tonight was beautiful. Just the conviction I needed. The idea of brotherhood is so powerful and I believe that God calls us to cherish it deeply. “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but...
Off to camp.
Won’t be on Tumblr this week. Away for “leadership camp.” Keep me in your prayers please! That I’d be able to minister and plant seeds in the next few days. Thank you.
Anonymous asked: 13, 14, 15, 16
Anonymous asked: 13, 18 :D
Children are so freakin' adorable.
Heeeeeeeehehe. :] Love my group of kids— being a camp counselor is lots better than I expected.
“I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit— just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one...
Anonymous asked: Thank you once again for bringing tears to my eyes :') Your words help more than you think. This may be a somewhat odd request, but recently I've been having some I guess you could call spiritual confusion? I'm not a Christian, but after reading some of God's words and Jesus' words, I don't know, they just feel more right (I really don't know how to explain it)....
If someone writes a great story, people praise the author, not the pen. People...– Keith Green (via breanna-lynn)
Anonymous asked: Hi, just wanted to say that after reading through a few pages of this, genuine tears came to my eyes and I was able to cry for the first time in a long while (the good kind of cry though). Thank you for being able to share so honestly your thoughts and your advice. Your words really inspire me and help me remember that it's always worth it. Do you have any advice for approaching someone who...
A few things I've been thinking about: →
desertmanian: If you ever meet anyone who “understands you” it’s an act of God, and a gift of God’s grace because sin separates us no matter how much we wish it wasn’t a part of our relationships and communications. There’s always something to be thankful for. Beauty is always before you. Open your eyes. Wisdom really does cry out in the streets. Listen. Trust God even when you don’t. You...
Anonymous asked: ear fondling and scooping. which do you prefer to give, and which do you prefer to receive?
oak-of-righteousness-deactivate asked: 6, 12, & 23 :)
Anonymous asked: 1, 5, 8, 11, 22
Wait oh my please these are actually so...
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
11. Does love = sex?
12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
18.Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?
19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
21.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
22. Are you old fashioned?
23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
24.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
25.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
"Continue 'Pursuing' Her": A Recipe for Disaster →
blakebaggott: It’s common in modern Christian Culture, a maybe popular culture in general, for guys to continue to “pursue” a girl after they begin dating, courting, or whatever you want to name it. It’s taught that a man should not only pursue the woman prior to beginning their…
The Heavier Things
A wave of superficiality has swept over believers. There is a heaviness in my heart. We don’t want to talk about the heavier things, the important matters, the topics with substance anymore. Why is it that it’s so easy, and even preferred, to talk about the latest celebrity news, but so difficult to talk about our spiritual lives? I no longer want to talk about who did this and who...
Something’s been bothering me. Since the beginning of the summer, I’ve been wrestling with this idea. This idea of conviction. Summer vacation started a few weeks ago, and I was beyond excited to begin a summer of delving into the Word, praying for hours a day, and reading up on theology. But it’s been 2 weeks, and I’ve already been losing the fire, the passion. Why? ...
Dearest Future Wife, letter quatre
Hey there, lovely. So this should be my fourth letter to you.. if I’m keeping count correctly. At this rate, you’ll probably have like 100 letters to read through when we get married LOL. So I hope you’re an avid reader! I guess I’m writing this one to you because recently I’ve been feeling.. lonely. Which is weird, because I don’t normally get lonely. This...
Father, it’s been a while since it’s just been You, me, and this guitar. It’s 1:30 A.M. and I feel like I can praise all night. I’m singing at the top of my lungs, and I’m definitely not singing in key. But I’m soaking in every word and my heart is so in tune with Yours right now.. Ahh.. let me live in this moment.. Man, I missed this. “Take joy my...
dontwakemamabear asked: Hello, precious Dan! I didn't know you wanted to write a book, but that's awesome and you are the perfect person to do it!! Anyway, my background is in newspaper, and the last job I had (20 years ago before kids) was as an editor. If there's anything I can do, let me know. Just throwing that out there, love <3
So if you’ve been following me for a while, you probably know that I’ve been aspiring to write a book for about a year now. Last week God gave me the honor of meeting Mr. Brandon Song (brandonjsong.tumblr.com). Turns out, he had written a book about his experiences in Rwanda. Check it out here! Seeing all that God’s been putting right in front of my face has convicted me and...
Dear Future Wife,
I pray that you are not a flirty woman, for I am a jealous man.
Feel free to send me any prayer requests y’all have! I want to make good use of this new moleskine and grow in my prayer life. Please give me the honor of covering you in prayer. :]
Sitting in Barnes and Noble with a few of my closest brothers, spending quality time with my Father, and working on my book. ‘Tis a lovely day. :] On a side note, I finally got my prayer moleskine! Praise God.
This season begins with conviction of identity. And that’s enough to dictate the course of my summer. Leadership. “Look at who you are in me, Dan. Stop looking at the things of this world, and just take a second to look in the mirror. I’ve called you to be so much more.” Throwing out the laziness, the complacency, and the lack of willpower. Last summer was the most...