Late night thoughts, reminders, and notes to self.
- Each relationship ended for a reason Dan. Keep reassuring yourself and don’t hold regret.
- You’ve changed Dan. Looking back on responses/spiritual advice from even just a year back, it’s all cringe-worthy. But you’ve grown in grace, patience, compassion. You are growing.
- Love, when it’s hard. Love, when you’re hurting. Love, when you feel pathetic. Love, when you face rejection. Love, when you are spit on. Love, even when the world tells you to stop. Love, because Jesus.
- Think carefully before you speak.
- Surround yourself with the right people.
- Believe in humans. Don’t lose hope in them. People are so quick to give up on others. The crazies, the psychos, the misfits, the ones trapped within their own minds. Believe in them just as God believed in you. Nobody is too far from grace. Invest into those whom people have chosen to reject.
- You don’t need the spotlight. God sees what you are doing behind closed doors, and He honors that. If you really want to be humble Dan, learn to serve others, lifting them up before yourself. Learn to treasure prayer and praise by yourself, at the foot of your bed, rather than on the stage or in the pews with people around.
- Don’t stop the empathy. If the tears come, let them come. You may hate who you are at times, Dan, but continue to embrace it. As a good sister said, "In a world that’s grown to be so cold, frozen honestly, it’s people like you who are actually able to spread warmth to people’s hearts. Even if it’s just one person at a time. You call that pathetic? No. I call that courage. I call that bravery."
- Wake up, breathe in, breathe out. Choose life. Every single day.